Apple-Friendly Email Service
The Ultimate Apple-Compatible Email Service *
Your domain's email (and, optionally, your web site) can be hosted on our fast, dedicated server. You can either get us to maintain your email (creating or removing email addresses, for example), or you can choose to manage it yourself - all accounts come with full cPanel access.
* compatible with Windows, Blackberry and Android too
With Mac Daddy IT hosting, you're not sharing server resources on a public cloud service, such as iCloud or Googlemail with millions of other users. With MacDaddy IT hosting you get blazing fast mail speeds.
Benefits of Hosted Mac Daddy IT Mail
We use IMAP to handle your email (POP3 offered as well) so any email messages that you read on one device shows up on your other devices as having already been 'read'. When you've deleted a messsage, or cleared out a load of junk mail, you want that synchronised to all your other devices so you don't have to do it all over again! If you send an email from one device, it shows up on all your other devices too.
Configuring your iPhones (iOS 5 & above), iPads (iOS 5 & above), Mac laptops and desktops (Mac OS X 10.6 & above) to use our mail service couldn't be any easier. Mac Daddy IT can set it all up remotely.
Unlike many large providers, such as Gmail, Mac Daddy provide personable phone support. We understand that when something goes wrong with a company's email service minutes matter, and that down-time can have catastrophic implications. That's why many satisfied clients prefer to use our managed service over other free offerings.
Web Based Email Access
- Roundcube software is already installed to your web hosting. This provides simple, fast access to your email via regular web browser. Perfect if you dont like email software such as Outlook, or if you are away from your own Mac, iPad or iPhone.
POP3 & IMAP Access
- Our service fully supports POP3 and IMAP access to your mailboxes. This allows you to choose any popular email program to access your email such as Apple Mail, Outlook for Mac, Mozilla Thunderbird and Eudora.
- We allow you to use our SMTP server to send email from your hosting account with us. We also provide SMTP on alternative port 26 for those advanced users who may have ISP's blocking port 25.
MailFoundry Spam & Virus Filter
- We provide premium MailFoundry spam filtering for your email as standard. This industry-leading spam filtering removes 99% of all spam and virusesfrom your emails. You wont find better filtering! We use dedicated spam filtering servers, with definitions updated by human spam editors every 5 minutes to ensure spam and virus email never makes it to your inbox. SpamExperts spam filtering is included as standard with all hosting accounts.
- Email aliases are similar to email forwarders, and allow you to setup email addresses @yoursite.com which will forward to mailboxes elsewhere, such as to your @hotmail, or to multiple other email recipients.
- Email forwarding simply means you can forward email for email@example.com hosted with us to a mailbox elsewhere such as firstname.lastname@example.org or any other email address.
- Auto responders can be setup from your control panel and allow you to setup a pre-written reply which will be sent instantly to anyone emailing a set email address.
Vacation / Out of Office Reply
- When you leave your email for long periods of time you can enable vacation responders, to let people know you are away from your email and that you will reply as soon as possible.
- We pre-install "Majordomo" mailing list software to your hosting account, allowing you to easily maintain a mailing list, or facilitate project-based grop emailing. You can also install most other popular mailing list software.
- Procmail can be used by more advanced users to manipulate, sort, and filter incoming email based on rules that you create within a text based procmail file.
- £3 + vat per GB of storage per month, up to 15GB.
- Additional GBs above 15GB are charged at £2 per month + vat